As we all know, Google is a very large search engine that handles daily millions of searches in less than a second, what What happens when Google is Down for a minute or an hour.
Google is not just a search engine but also provides a lot of services that we use daily like Gmail, YouTube, Google Pay, Google Drive, Google Photos, etc. [Full Services]
First we understand How Many Google Searches per Minute?[adsforwp id=”4753″]
How many searches are there on Google per Minute?
Although Google does not share the exact numbers of searches per minute, As reported by SEOTribunal.com, Google handles an average of 3.8 million (38 Lakhs) searches per minute worldwide.
This comes to 228 million (22.8 Crores) searches per hour, 5.6 billion (560 Crores) searches per day, or 2 trillion (2,00,000 Crores) searches per year!
Now coming to the main point What happens when Google is Down?
This is What happens when Google is Down!
This question originally appeared on Quora: What would happen if Google were to shut down for 30 minutes? Answer by Ashish Kedia, who works at Google.
In August 2013, Google and all of its services came down briefly for 2-3 minutes. And the whole internet traffic went down by a massive 40%. 
A similar incident also occurred in May 2009. 
Note that it was just for 2 minutes. Imagine 30 minutes. It’s highly unlikely but here is what I think will happen.
- First few minutes people will check their Internet connection. Some will even call their Service Provider. Some may even check for hardware failures on their side – which is still more likely than a 30-minute outage
- People will then realize that it’s true. There will be a period of disbelief. People will desperately try to reload Google’s Homepage.
- People all around the world will start taking screenshots of the Google Server Error Page. [Likely 500]
- Your Facebook Newsfeed will be full of “OMG Can’t believe”, “I witnessed something astonishing” along with several images from the previous point.
- People will search for alternate search engines ~ but how? Most of them don’t even know that there are alternative search engines.
- Bing and Yahoo will get a huge traffic surge.
- DuckDuckGo ( Page on duckduckgo.com ) will start trending on Twitter. People will realize it’s good. (That’s a search engine that doesn’t track you by the way.)
- Many other internet apps – that use Google Services in the backend will also come down. Without Gmail, for 30 minutes the productivity across the whole world will drop by a huge margin.
- I can’t even imagine the revenue loss – not just for Google but for all the companies throughout the world that uses Google.
- Android users will be stranded on the roads and iPhone users will be lost in the lanes if Google Maps stopped working for 30 minutes.
- Among all these fiasco Internet life in China will remain unaffected.
- People at other competitive companies will enjoy and sing songs.
After the outage is fixed and services are restored:
- Google will release its statement to the press – explaining the cause (maybe)
- Tech-savvy people around the world will try to dig deep in search of the cause of the outage.
- Many will speculate that a group of hackers are responsible. People will then approach many hackers regarding their opinion
- The media will call experts and try to analyze the situation themselves.
- Many bloggers will write a post about “How we are too dependent on Google? – A reality check”. Even the media will do it.
- Quora would be full of questions – “Why did it happen ?”, “What do you think about the outage ?”, “Can it happen again ?”, “Was my data leaked?”, “Is it true that Google was hacked ?”, etc.
- A lot of users will switch from Google services to alternates.
- BuzzFeed and ScoopWhoop will have articles like “Google went down for 30 minutes. You won’t believe what happened next.” and “10 things to do when Google goes down the next time” *.
- People will find this answer and realize that many of them are actually happening.
The above answer is in the year 2013 when the Internet Users in the whole world is 2,728,428,107( 272.84 Crores) which is 38 % of 7,181,715,139 (718.171 Crores) World Population
Now in the Year 2020, we are more connected to the digital world and spend an average of 30% – 65% of the time of our day on the internet by watching Videos, Listening to Music, Reading EBooks, Writing Mails or Articles, etc.
It is amazing to know internet users are almost double in the Year 2020 in comparison to the Year 2013, in the year 2020 when the Internet Users in the whole world is 4,766,059,829 (476.60 Crores) [Source] which is 60% of 7,794,798,739 (779.479 Crores) [Source] World Population.
Now you can understand What happens when Google is Down and how much loss will Google or its services bear when Google goes down for 1 minute or hour.
Google Down FAQs –
Is Google Down is Permanent?
Well, Google will never go for Permanent Down because Google is the only search engine that acquires 94% of searches among all the popular search engines. and this will not be good for Google Bank Accounts and Google Share Values.
Main Competitor of Google Search Engine ?
Yahoo is the main competitor to Google which has 2.32% market shares in market and the Second largest Search Engine
What to do when Google is Down?
Google has a vast number of highly skilled technicians and developers who work for Google day and night, In-case Google Down every technician will try to find out a way to make Google Server’s UP.
What are the other Search e Engines to use when Google is Down
Additional Services Provided by Google
|App Maker||App Maker is a web-based service that provides an application development environment for end-users to create and distribute custom web applications. App Maker is a database (such as Google Cloud SQL) subject to varying terms and conditions. Uses, to support storage of data used by the applications.|
|AppSheet||Build powerful mobile and web applications in a no-code development environment.|
|Applied Digital Skills||Ready-to-use video lessons teach digital skills that have immediate, real-life application.|
|Assignments||Quickly and securely create, analyze, and grade coursework, while helping students learn more effectively. Note: Assignments is a core service for Education and Enterprise for Education editions.|
|Blogger||Share your life online with a blog—it’s quick, easy, and free.|
|Campaign Manager 360||Simplifies how campaigns are run, from media planning to reporting.|
|Chrome Web Store||Browse for, purchase, and deploy cloud applications.|
|Classroom||Streamline assignments, boost collaboration, and foster seamless communication to make teaching more productive and meaningful.Note: Classroom is a core service for Education and Enterprise for Education editions.|
|Developer Platform||The Google Workspace developer platform is a collection of tools and resources that let you customize, extend, and integrate with Google Workspace.|
|FeedBurner||Create and manage custom RSS feeds.|
|Google Ad Manager||Streamline your ad management functions with advanced targeting and more.|
|Google Ads||Display your ads on Google and our advertising network.|
|Google AdSense||Place Google ads on your website and earn revenue.|
|Google Alerts||Monitor the web for interesting new content.|
|Google Analytics||Get rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.|
|Google Bookmarks||Access your bookmarks on any computer. Use Lists to share them with friends.|
|Google Books||Search the full text of books.|
|Google Chrome Sync||Synchronize your bookmarks, browser preferences, and browser theme on multiple computers.|
|Google Cloud Platform||Grow your business with our secure storage, powerful compute, and integrated data analytics products. (Note: This replaces the service on/off setting for the Google Developers Console).|
|Google Cloud Print||Print from any device to a cloud-connected printer.|
|Google Custom Search||Create a customized search experience for your community.|
|Google Data Studio||Turn your data into easy-to-read charts and interactive reports.|
|Google Domains||Find, buy, transfer, and manage your domains.|
|Google Earth||Explore the world, right in your browser.|
|Google Fi||A wireless service that helps you get a high-quality connection wherever you are—at Home, on-the-go, or even abroad.Available only to people who live in the U.S in eligible locations. Not available for work profiles.|
|Google Groups||Create and participate in public discussion groups.|
|Google Maps||View maps and directions.|
|Google My Business||Help get your business found on Google.|
|Google My Maps||Create, share, and publish custom maps.|
|Google Pay for Business||Use Google Pay for Business to get customer payments more quickly, more simply, and more securely in your business or online.|
|Google Payments||Google Payments is the fast, simple way to pay online or make contactless payments with your phone.|
|Google Photos||Store and share photos with Google Photos.|
|Google Play||Get the latest apps, games, music, movies, TV, and news for all your devices.|
|Google Play Console||Offer Android applications that you develop to the rapidly growing Android user base.|
|Google Public Data||Explore with the Google Public Data Explorer to create visualizations of public data, link to them, or embed them in their own webpages.|
|Google Search Console||Get Google’s view of your site.|
|Google Takeout||Back up and download the data in your Google Account.|
|Google Translator Toolkit||The Google Translator Toolkit service is deprecated.|
|Google Trips||Includes all trip details from your email, combined with a destination guide and day planner. Provided on your phone, independent of connectivity.|
|Individual Storage||Allow end users to purchase additional storage for Google Drive.|
|Location History||Control location history and reporting.|
|Managed Google Play||Managed Google Play is the content marketplace for Android in the enterprise. Browse and manage apps for your organization.|
|Material Gallery||Gallery is a collaborative tool for uploading design work, getting feedback, and tracking revisions — quickly and efficiently.|
|Merchant Center||Google Merchant Center lets millions of people discover, explore, and buy your products, and gives you different ways to get the right products to the right customers.|
|Partner Dash||Quickly access applications hosted by Google partners.|
|Play Books Partner Center||Promote your books online through Google Books.|
|Science Journal||Conduct fun, hands-on science experiments using phones, tablets, and Chromebooks.|
|Scholar Profiles||Track citations to your articles.|
|Science Journal||Conduct fun, hands-on science experiments using phones, tablets, and Chromebooks.|
|Search Ads 360||Manage and optimize your pay-per-click ads and keywords across all major search engines.|
|Search and Assistant||Use your account on Google Search and Google Assistant to see personal results, get better speech recognition, and access additional features. Learn more|
|Socratic||Learning app, powered by Google AI, helps students understand school work at a high school and university level. Learn more|
|Studio||Manage rich media production and workflow with this tool designed for creative agencies.|
|Third-party App Backups||Make third-party app backups available to users in your organization.|
|Tour Creator||Create and publish virtual-reality tours.|
|Web and App Activity||Save and manage your search activity and enable customized experiences in Search, Maps, and Google Assistant.|
|YouTube||Watch, upload, and share videos, and participate in in-app chat. Not available in all regions.|
How to avail Today's Deal?
- Click on Activate Offer / Show Coupon Button
- Go to Offer Page.
- Now Select the Products Of Your Choice.
- Now Add selected Products in your Cart
- Login / Signup in Your Account
- Enter Your Billing / Shipping Address.
- Make the Payment.
- Done | Don't forget to share with others.
Subscribe to our list
Don't worry, we don't spam